und in unserem shop kaufen
format pdf, 8.99
JAGUAR WISDOM. An Introduction to the Mayan Calendar
by Kenneth Johnson
This revised edition of Jaguar Wisdom, originally published in 1997, has been published in response to the groundswell of interest generated by independent Maya scholars and seekers alike.
The author focuses on the history and contemporary use of the Mayan Calendar as a spiritual path, a traditional system which is still vital and practiced, and which has survived for centuries. Jaguar Wisdom is one of the few readily available books written with the assistance and cooperation of traditional Mayan Daykeepers.
Praise for Jaguar Wisdom
Jaguar Wisdom is an insightful classic, complete with accurate calendar tables and a glossary of terms. For seekers who want to build a magical practice, or just want an unencumbered and clear introduction, this book will guide the sincere into a deeper understanding of the mysteries of the Maya cosmos.
-- John Major Jenkins, author of Maya Cosmogenesis 2012
Jaguar Wisdom is both a sensitive account of the history, mythology, and worldview of the Maya and an excellent introduction to the day-signs. To his credit, the author bases his interpretations of the day-signs on Native myths and traditions instead of offering us loose speculations or delineations copied from other writers. Using the tables in the back of the book, readers can determine their year-sign, day-sign, and directional signs that complete a “Tree of Life” diagram, a kind of Medicine Wheel that is used by contemporary Daykeepers in Guatemala. In all, this is a well-researched (footnoted) and well-written book.
-- Bruce Scofield, author of Day-Signs, Signs of Time and How to Practice Mayan Astrology (with Barry Orr).
Jaguar Wisdom may be the only currently available book that describes in principle how Mayan Daykeepers make readings based on their Sacred Calendar, the tzolkin, and in this regard it fills a significant gap for anyone interested in Mayan astrology and divination.
-- Carl Johan Calleman, author of The Mayan Calendar & the Transformation of Consciousness
und in unserem shop kaufen
format pdf, 7.99
THE MAYAN PROPHECIES. The Renewal of the World 2012-2072
By Kenneth Johnson
The Mayan Calendar did not “end” in 2012. In his new book, The Mayan Prophecies: The Renewal of the World, 2012-2072, Kenneth Johnson explores the prophecies preserved in the secret knowledge books of the Yucatec Maya and their message for the years ahead.
hier klicken und im
Mayan Calendar Portal kaufen
paperback, USD 17.99
MAYAN CALENDAR ASTROLOGY. Mapping Your Inner Cosmos
By Kenneth Johnson
The first person to publish information about the five-sign Mayan Cross horoscope in English (1997), Ken has continued his studies with Mayan daykeepers throughout the years, and has now created a complete manual of Mayan astrological practice. All the material in this unique new book is based upon information obtained from shamanic Mayan astrologers in Guatemala; there are no “New Age” inventions or “interpretations.”
In addition to the well-known “Mayan Cross” or “Mayan Destiny Chart” comprised of five day-signs, Ken’s Mayan Calendar Astrology also includes:
- The differences in meaning between the day-sign, the birth number, and other astrological factors
- The complete nine-sign horoscope of three columns (life path, material world, and intuitive gifts
- A unique method for determining the phases of human life
- A little known technique for assessing human relationships by combining two horoscopes into a composite
- The importance of the Lord of the Year
- The meaning of the solar and lunar cycles and
- A powerful meditative technique called the Path of Feathered Serpent, which is based on one’s own “personal lunar month” and is designed, through a series of guided meditations, to awaken the koyopa or “inner lightning” which we all possess.
und bei amazon kaufen
Kindle edition USD 10.95
JAGUAR MEDICINE. An Introduction to Mayan Healing Traditions
by Kenneth Johnson and Anita Garr
Jaguar Medicine is the fruit of years’ worth of research in Guatemala and southern Mexico. Kenneth Johnson, author of the well-known book Jaguar Wisdom, and Anita Garr, a long-time resident of the traditionalist Mayan community of Momostenango, Guatemala, have sought out, interviewed and studied with indigenous Mayan healers of every variety. In this volume you will learn:
- The concept of energies within the body that forms the theoretical basis of Mayan healing traditions
- The use of simple, well-known herbs to create tinctures, teas, salves and soaps
- The essentials of Mayan massage
- The Mayan sweat lodge tradition
- Healing and divining with gemstones
- The healing power of sacred places
- Using dreams to heal
- The use of ritual and ceremony for psychological cleansing
Based upon the teachings of no less than seven healers from throughout the Mayan world, Jaguar Medicine is a unique glimpse into a different world of healing, where body and soul are one and healing takes place on a multitude of levels all at once.